Monday, August 18, 2008

Fay's On Her Way

Despite my feeling like a Floridian this will be my first hurricane experience here. The last two years have been quite mellow on the West coast which worries me that we're due for something a rough. But we've got the plywood and emergency bags ready, we have money and quarters, we have a cooler full of ice, we have food...I think we're prepared. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I'm having, dare I say, a fine time with the arrangements. I cooked up five pounds of chicken breast (one of those magical foods that taste good hot and cold) and some salad veggies for chicken Caesar salad. I also bought bread and cold cuts for sandwiches. I figure most of the storm will be sitting and waiting so all the board games are out and ready for playing.

I'll take picture if anything exciting happens.

Best of luck to my fellow FL bloggers.

<3 Jess

No comments: