Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stupid Stupid Mistakes


I did something very stupid today. or rather, I did it a week ago and only realized it now: I didn't pay May's mortgage payment. Instead, ladies and gents, I sent the payment to a credit card company I don't even have a card (or balance) with anymore. How did I do that? I'm not quite sure either. All I know is I feel like succumbing to hysterics at the moment.

So my (very large) amount of money is not sitting in the office of this card company somewhere and it's a bloody holiday weekend. My mortgage company is not happy either and I am embarrassed because I have never been late for a payment. NEVER.

Sigh. It's not as bad as it sounds. I mean, the company HAS to give me back my money. And I have enough to cover the mortgage until it does. I just feel very stupid right now and it's a fitting end to a bad weekend. How is it only Saturday??

Oh, speaking of bad weekends, if you live near Tampa, don't bother trying to go to the new Ikea. It's a mad house. We got lost several times when we got there and then, once we found it, we were turned away because they were at capacity. We were supposed to park elsewhere and take the shuttle. Well, we had already been on the road for over an hour and got pissed and left. Yeeeah. Floridians are crazy.

That's my tale. Here's hoping tomorrow goes well. ♥

No comments: