Monday, February 23, 2009

Clap On, Clap Off!

First of all, as you may have noticed, this blog is currently being overhauled. 'Avelle got a little tired of that green dress she's been wearing. And I never even got to finish her winter outfit.. Whoops. Anyway, she decided it was high time for something frilly, blue, and a basketful of yarn. Who am I to say no to my favourite creation?

Frafavelle, Spring 2009

Anyway, the blog will stay up throughout all the changes. I'm sure I'll finish soon...eventually...maybe.

Speaking of creating, I've been knitting up a storm. I decided it was high time I try something a little bit challenging; I'm a much better crocheter than knitter and I got stuck in that comfort zone. After successfully finishing my Garter Stitch Mitt, I decided it was time to get clapping.

Yes, yes, I started a clapotis. 9000+ Ravelry projects can't be wrong, right? Plus I had four skeins of MMMalabrigo just begging to be used for something new. So far so good. I haven't been confused or frustrated yet. The colourway is Water Green:

Malabrigo Worsted

It reminds me of cotton candy. Mmm tasty...I just want to lick the screen...Oh dear, what was I talking about? Oh yes, knitting. After the clap, I'm thinking I'll tackle a lace project. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll post pictures of the mitt and the Clapotis as soon as I charge the camera batteries.

♥ Jess

No comments: