Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sillas

I have a horrid case of writer's block, one that incredibly stems from the loss of my favourite chair. I got it at the thrift store five years ago for a whopping twenty bucks. It was a plush yellow curvy thing that you sank right into. It was like sitting in a hug and it nurtured my creativity (or at least my ass) wonderfully.

I can't believe I am this upset over a chair... Sigh.

Speaking of furniture, I went to the Dali museum yesterday. He was a strange odd little man. I was moved by his devotion to his wife and muse, Gala, though and wished I could have found more about her at the museum.
I bought myself a pair of earrings and a mug at the gift shop and I kept jumping between feeling giddy and being slightly ashamed this great man is reduced to keychains and umbrellas. The mug I got is in Japanese and I couldn't pass it up.

I also went down to the pier yesterday where I ate entirely too much junk and had a headache the rest of the day. Which sucked because we had family over playing Rock Band II and the drums were killing me. I called it a night early and fell asleep after trying to write a bit.

Of course I didn't write anything.

I really miss my chair.


- Posted from my mobile device.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write about the loss of the chair.