Sunday, January 17, 2010

My mouth! My beautiful mouth!


Jumping right in: I was in pain this past Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The pain was right between my two front teeth, at the gum line. I made an emergency visit to the dentist Thursday because the pain got so bad, I couldn't speak. Doc said I had an infection in my gums that was due to an old cavity and some plaque, loss of bone in my jaw, and that both issues were being affected by overgrown frenum. Now, I've always had a problem with my mouth. It works just fine, don't get me wrong, but I've always felt like my lips and teeth were abnormally connected. Every time I so much as frowned my lips would pull on my gums which was causing me a lot of pain. Alas, that is a problem no more.

The doc opened his clinic on their day off to fix the issue. Two hours and a nifty laser later, my frenum has been cut down and I have enough antibiotics to kill the black plague.

In a month I go back to do the top of my mouth. I also have a tight frenum under my tongue (an issue known as "tongue-tied") but the thought of cutting under my tongue squigs me out. I think I'll keep the tongue as is.

That's my exciting update for the day!

No comments: