Sunday, February 24, 2008

And We're Back!

Hello hello! It has been too long since I updated this blog. The news:

Kyle is back home and doing much much better than he was a week ago. He is walking, talking, and acting like his usual self. The seizures stopped after they gave him an IV-IG treatment (that's immunoglobulin for those of us without PhDs). Apparently what happened is that he developed walking pneumonia and the antibodies wouldn't stop producing. That's what caused the encephalitis. He saw his pediatrician this past Friday and everything seems to be okay. A meeting with his school will be held on Monday to see when (and how) he will begin attending school again. I am so happy to have my boy home with me.

I'm so happy to be back home and with the rest of my family. I have to say, though, the Ronald McDonald House was wonderful. If you ever find yourself wanting to give to a good cause, they're an amazing organization. In the two weeks we were there we had a room, access to laundry facilities, a warm meal every night, television rooms on each floor, a play ground for kids...it really strives to be more of a home for people who can't be at their own homes while their children are getting the treatment they need. I loved being there.

Now that things have settled down considerably and I feel rested, I'm jumping back into the kitchen. Tonight I'll be making a taco buffet; chicken, beef, refried beans, black beans, salsa, guacamole, cheeses, rice, and hot sauces will be laid out for my family to make their own taco bowls. I'll try to snap a picture of the feast.

I'm glad to be back and posting again.

Until next time,
<3 Jess

No comments: