Saturday, February 09, 2008

Update on Kyle

I got to see Kyle today. He recognized me and cracked a few jokes. He's hallucinating though which was difficult to see. He's also continuing to have seizures. Still, the fact he's awake means the world to me. He can read, too; I kept holding up Godzilla DVDs and he could read the titles.

The hospital he's in is just grand. It's a really sweet place and I'm grateful they are taking such good care of him. I will be staying in the hospital with him for a few days so my mom can have some rest.

It's going to be a very long process. Once they treat the infection they need to see whether his brain will stop swelling and if the seizures stop. Once the figure out what to do on that front, they need to see how much therapy he will need to be able to walk, talk normally, do math...all kinds of things. I have a lot of hope that he will get through this. He is a strong kid that so many people love and a real sweetheart with so much love in his heart for others.

Please continue to have him in your thoughts and in your prayers.

<3 Jess

No comments: