Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ketchup Catchup

For one reason or another, I haven't been able to update this blog. I've been writing, oh yes, but the posts either stayed nestled on my hard drive or in the saved section of blogger. *shakes head sadly* If it seems like ten posts appear overnight, forgive me.

My birthday was relatively uneventful. We had already celebrated the weekend beforehand at the bowling alley. Still, my family decided two cakes were in order so i went through the whole song and cake routine again on my actual birthday. Hey, it was chocolate ice cream cake; I'm not complaining!

Happy Birthday To Me

In other news, I finally got my hands on a copy of The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. If you didn't know, Wally Lamb is my favourite author. He brings such unbelievable depth to his characters...sigh. Anyhoosen, the library was holding the book for me but I was 86 out of 90. In other words, there was about a four month wait. Thankfully, one of my friends bought it for herself and let me borrow it. I've read the first chapter but I'm waiting to read it until I can really devote a day to it (because I just know I'll finish it in a day).

I did manage to pick up Creepy Cute Crochet and Amigurumi World at the library. I've been meaning to get my hands on these for a while so I'm excited to start some projects from them. I already promised my cousin a little bunny pal. Speaking of pals, I've been working on another Moogie.

Sarah "Stubs" Moogie (wip)

After I started putting her together, however, I decided the stitches were too open for my liking. She'll get a run through the washer and felt a bit before I put her together.

I suppose that's all the news fit to print today.

♥ Jess

No comments: