Sunday, January 27, 2008

Spaghetti and Meatballs


I made my first of a new slew of cheap meals tonight. I don't know if a lot of people consider spaghetti and meatballs to be cheap but it's not a budget breaker. I spent $5 for all the ingredients which makes this meal just under a dollar per serving. It was really delicious. Meatballs are also really good to make a ton of and freeze. I think I'll be doing this tomorrow morning after everyone leaves for the day. I'm adding my meatball recipe which I adapted from a whole bunch and have been using for quite some time. It's a good "base" recipe, I think.

Easy Peasy Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 c diced green bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.

In large bowl, use your hands to mix all the ingredients well. Form meatballs about the size of a golf ball and place in a shallow baking dish.

Bake for fifteen minutes, turn over, then bake for another fifteen.

No comments: