Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tropical Beef Stew (A Poor Man's Sancocho)

Tropical Beef Stew

Beef, plantains, yams, cassava, and spanish pumpkins simmered in a broth made from stock, sour orange juice and spices.

Although this is close as hell to a Dominican Sancocho (seven meat stew) it only has beef in it therefore I'm just calling it a beef stew. I don't have a recipe for this (I just threw all this stuff together randomly to fabulous results) but look I will post my sancocho recipe sometime next week. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Bakin Rapscallion said...

When is your cookbook going to be published? I want to buy an advanced copy! I don't think I'll be able to make 'til tomorrow--with all your amazing posts. I'm gonna be hunch over in the fetal position waiting for someone to wake me with smelling salt (or Barcardi 151). Cheers!