Monday, April 25, 2005

The Granny Square


My First Granny Square

*Wipes tear from eye* You go out and buy yarn and then it grows up and gets all square on you. I'm so proud. *sniffle* Seriously though, I think it came out quite nice for my first square! It probably would have come out a lot better if I had used instructions but I'm a rebel. I don't conform! Anarchy!! FIGHT THE MAN!

Ooo muffins! *chomps*

Yarn I received today:
From Sandra:
  • 10 skeins of sport weight wool in a dusty green colour (3377 yards)
  • 20 skeins of Cleckheaton 5 ply sport weight wool in a bright green colour (1600 yards)
From Ginger:
  • Chenile yarn in periwinkle/purple (120 yards)
  • Merino yarn in a moss green colour (240 yards)
  • Unknown fiber in a buff colour (60 yards)
  • Wool yarn in oxford grey (240)
  • Rayon crinkle yarn, bright white (240 yards)
All in all I spent 27 dollars (that includes shipping). Man, I love buying yarn...and eBay. Couldn't do it without eBay. I like buying small amounts of yarn for my secret project. Yeah, the SECRET project. The project I'm going to spill now to my wonderful readers:

I'm crocheting curtains! Freestyle curtain! Not an exciting to you but it's exciting to me. See, we're moving to Florida in July and I am looking forward to changing my room around. Right now it's very zen-like: all purples and silvers, lots of stones and plants, a meditation table...
All that stuff is great and will likely stay but this time I want COLOUR! My walls will be blue so I want some nice, unique curtains to go along with it. So yes, freeform curtains are the way to go. Maybe I'll even make a granny square bedspread for when it gets cool. *ponders*

Oh and I must apologize for my stupidity. A few days ago I made a long entry and blogger ate it. When I reposted I forgot to say Thank You to Mantler from Crochetville. She sent me a gift certificate to Adagio Teas which just made my day. I still haven't used it but only because I don't know what to buy! If anyone has any favourites or suggestions let me know.

I just found out I have 6 subscribers to my blog. :D *waves* Ya'll come back now, you hear?

1 comment:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Who needs a stinkin' pattern?? Your square looks fantastic! I can't wait to see pics of the curtains!!